Saturday, November 22, 2008

High Museum

If you have a chance, you should absolutely go to the High Museum in Atlanta and see the Terra Cotta soldiers. It is an amazing display and worth having to drive downtown to see. Your ticket also gets you in to see the third part of the Louvre in Atlanta collection. All the works in that collection are considered masterpieces. My favorite was a picture of Christ on the cross where the tears were so realistic that they looked like water on the glass. And, if that's not enough art for you....you also get to see a display from the Victoria and Albert Museum in London (my favorite museum that I've ever been to), plus the High's permanent collection.


Alright...I'll stop my High Museum ad now. You'd think I got paid to do that. In case you couldn't guess, that's what I did yesterday. I went with a group of students to Atlanta and met my sister there. We stayed at the High for about 2 and a half hours and then got lunch and came back to school and she hung out with me and my little sister for the evening. The three of us, plus my best friend Carl went and got dinner. Then we checked out an exhibit of student art and caught some of the basketball game. Then we went to my fraternity house for a party. Overall it was a very fun Friday. But now it's Saturday and I have work to do. :(

1 comment:

A Belle and her Beau said...

work to do on a Saturday? you need a vacation kid :)