Friday, November 14, 2008

Sad, but true!

So I was sitting in European History (1660-1870) yesterday watching a movie because my professor is out of town at a conference and I was a tad bit bored, so I started making a list. First I listed all the states. That wasn't too hard because I can think about it geographically and just go west to east (although things get a little hairy in the northeast). Then I listed all the capitals. That wasn't hard either...I had to learn those in fifth grade. After that I decided to see what I REALLY knew. So I listed all the governors/govorner-elects I knew. Then all the Senators/Senator-elects I knew. Those were some short lists.

Here's all the governors/governor-elects I could name:
Perdue (GA)
Perdue (NC)
Crist (FL)
Riley (AL)
Richardson (NM)
Jindahl (LA)
Kaine (VA)
Schwarzenagger (CA)
Palin (AK)
Sebelius (KS)
Perry (TX)
Pawlenty (MN)

Here's all the Senators/Senator-elects I could name:
Stevens (AK) ---although this could turn out to be Begich
Merkley (OR)
McCain (AZ)
T. Udall (NM)
M. Udall (CO)
Hatch (UT)
Landrieu (LA)
Coleman (MN)
Obama (IL)
Lugar (IN)
Sessions (AL)
Isackson (GA)
Chambliss (GA) ---although this could turn out to be Martin
Hagan (NC)
Webb (VA)
Warner (VA)
Biden (DE)
Clinton (NY)
Liebererman (CT)
Kerry (MA)
Sanders (VT)
Shaheen (NH)


Only 12 governors and 22 senators! Sad, but true.

1 comment:

A Belle and her Beau said...

don't feel bad I could only name one ... and that would be from GA! Pathetic huh