Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On Hold

As I sit here typing this I have been on hold with a doctor's office for roughly half an hour. What, you might be wondering, is wrong with me? The answer is nothing. I'm calling to set up an appointment for my roommate. Which is apparently really difficult for this office to handle. I understand that healthcare is a complicated business (too complicated...but there doesn't seem to be any going back now), but it seems as if I should be able to make an appointment for someone else without too many problems. I know his name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc. Surely they can make an appointment for the poor boy and get anything else they need when he gets there!

Now I'm being passed around to different people all over the clinic! Apparently I even ended up talking to someone in surgery. I know strep tests are important, but I hardly think they are surgical.

No comments: