Monday, February 23, 2009

Excitement in the Air

Last week was an absolutely terrible week. Nothing seemed to go right starting on Monday and continuing on through Friday. The worst part was being with a good friend when she found out two of her precious cats had died suddenly and tragically. That was a sad, sad day.

However, this week already seems to be off to a much better start! I've heard plenty of exciting news recently! First, I know of TWO wonderful couples who will be bringing little bundles of joy into this world in August and October, respectively. I couldn't be more happy for them. Who doesn't love a new baby? Second, my friends who lost their cats rescued a little kitten from the animal shelter. Little Felix is as cute as any kitten you've ever seen. I think he thinks he's Egyptian, possibly even the Sphinx itself, judging by the way he sat on my lap.

Third, my fraternity chapter won a VERY BIG award this weekend at our division conference. We were recognized as being one of the top 10 chapters of our fraternity in the whole country. It is the fourth time in our 39 year history that our chapter has won this award and the tenth time in a row (yes...a whole decade) that we have been in the top 20 chapters.

So I'm hoping that with all of this good news this week will be much better than the last one.

No comments: